01 Mar Recipe: Perfect Paleo Banana Muffins
Paleo Banana Muffins
Well, I have one chapter left in my 21 chapter book to edit. And what am I doing on a Sunday? I'm procrasta-baking and procrasta-blogging. Actually, I'm going to blame the ripe bananas sitting on my kitchen counter. I don't like seeing food go to waste and my husband doesn't eat ripe bananas…and the dog has had plenty this past week already.
So I thought I would share with you this yummy recipe for two reasons. The first is that I know once I post the pics on social media, everyone is going to ask me for the recipe. The second is that after reading the Body Type Diet and realizing my type is BLOOD Type (of the 25 options), I learned that I probably shouldn't eggs without eating beef at the same time. So since these yummy paleo muffins have eggs, I've added some Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides into the recipe to get the beef in there.
This recipe is adapted from Peanut Butter Runner at http://www.peanutbutterrunner.com
- 1.5 tsp baking soda
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp Himalayan crystal salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 0.5 tsp nutmeg
- 1.5 cup almond flour
- 0.5 cup coconut flour
- 1 scoop of Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides (blue canister) which is approximately 1.5 TBSP
- 3 tablespoons of maple syrup (optional)
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 ripe bananas, mashed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare the muffin tins. Line the muffin tins with baking cups or grease up with coconut oil. If you want to, you can use a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan and line it with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients. In another bowl, mix together the wet ingredients until very well combined.
- Add wet ingredients to the dry and gently mix together until combined. Do not overmix.
- Spoon batter into the muffin tins about 3/4 full and bake for approximately 18-24 minutes or until set in the center and a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool in the pain for about 15 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. When cooled store in a sealed container and consume within five days.